Saturday, July 3, 2010

On Your Mark...

The doctor said 6-8 weeks of no running.  Monday will be five weeks...but I didn't run at all the week before Cotton Row, so I'm going to count that as week one and start back NOW.  I've been really good.  I've done Spinning, Body Pump, Extreme Abs, and Group Power...and the last two weeks, NOTHING (I've been on the longest road trip of my life, so I mostly did a lot of sitting in the car.)  I am more than ready to get back out there.

I.  Must.  Run.

I went ahead and ordered some Newtons.  They haven't come in yet.  I'm really hoping they'll be here early in the week.  I think it would be good to start fresh with them rather than start back with my Sauconys then switch.  But, if they aren't here soon, I'm not waiting.  I can't.

I.  Must.  Run.  (I said that already, didn't I?)


Great news on the food front:  Cutting out the stuff I'm allergic to, even though I have been on vacation, has "caused" (allowed?) me to lose a total of SIX pounds!!  I'm sure it's mostly water, but even so, it's six pounds of water I've been carrying around with me for well over six months that my body has NOT wanted to rid itself of....and I'm not going back to eating those foods, so the water that's gone shouldn't come back.  I think one of the main things that's got me super excited is that I've lost it even though I haven't been working out.  That "should" mean I "should" be able to lose more after I start working out again.  But, the BEST thing of all.....I feel GREAT.  ((Until I think I can have just one little bite of something on the list....which I've done three times now-once by accident, the other two where conscious -stupid- choices.  All three times, my nose started running immediately, my throat hurt, and I got very tired.))

What's coming up:


I'm going to mentor for a 5K training group.  (It's like the 10K group I just finished.)  I am really looking forward to it because most of the people doing this group are where I was in January (some might not even be there yet).  I'm excited to get to be a part of a new runner's training experience.  I met a new "neighbor" (not like on my street, but in my little neighborhood) today who has just started...I blathered on much longer than I should have, but she seemed just as excited about running as I am.  It's shocking to realize how much I've learned in such a short time!


Also....(if I can get back up to six miles by the end of the month)....I'm signing up for 1/2 Marathon training!!  I keep telling myself I won't push to be back up to six miles, and I'm going to do my very best to hold on to that plan....but I have this horrible disease.  It's called, "I-want-what-I-want-RIGHT-NOW"-itis.  It's awful.  But, as I'm finding out, the only cure is to practice patience.  We'll see what happens when I pound pavement (or trail) this coming week.

Naturally, I'll let you know.

Thanks for stopping in, come again soon!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...