Thursday, July 8, 2010

How Do I Love Thee...

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee on the roads and greenways and trails
My soles can pound, when feeling full of wails
And at the ends of my wits and loving grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most shrieking need, when all my patience has deminished.
I love thee freely, as women strive for the finish.
I love thee selfishly, as I run for praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I'll never lose
If I have a choice. I love thee with the breath,
Gasping, wheezing, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
 
 
 
Elizabeth Barret Browning has nothing on me!! 


I had a great walk/run yesterday. 
I walked about 10 minutes to warm up. 
I planned on doing some walk/run intervals but I decided I needed to just 
see what my running legs would do if I just went for it ...
I ended up running about 18 minutes. 
Doesn't sound like much, but I think it ended up being about a mile and a half distance wise. 
(Yeah, doesn't sound like much, 
but...again, lest anyone (including me) forget, I'm coming back from an injury 
and I do NOT want to go back there again! 
After that I walked two minutes, then ran two...
then I walked a good bit because I was on the section of the trail that is a long steady incline. 
It's not a hill, but it's just "up".  So I walked until I got to the crest. 
Then I ran and gained speed until I was at an almost full sprint.  And, it felt GREAT!!! 



 
 
I loved every single footfall!!  Every time I get to that section of the trail I RUN. 
It's a quick down hill section that comes just after a pretty "steep" (relatively speaking)
incline...I'm warmed up by then...it just feels right.  And, every time I am running that section,
I imagine what it WILL feel like when I am able to run that way for miles. I know it will happen
one of these days...I don't think it will be a sudden thing, but a gradual increase 
in distance and pace.  Kind of like my son who is now about to be 18 and is now
6'5"!!  Granted, he started out big-he was 23 1/4" long when he was born--but when I look UP
at him now I wonder how he got that tall.  I hope one day I am out RUNNING and I suddenly
realize how fast I've been going for the last several miles.
 
...For now, I'm just happy to have pain free running--and still be pain free the next day!
 
Thanks for stopping in, come again soon!
:D 
  
((BTW-something really strange happened with my formatting.  Sorry for how strange it is.
Hopefully it will resolve as magically as it showed up!)) 
  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're getting back in the saddle again (or on the trail, as it were)! And your son is 6'5"? WOW Are you tall, too?

    ReplyDelete

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...