Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eleven

Today I found out my HRM/GPS is a LIAR.  I changed up some settings so I could see the speed easier to find out why my speed doesn't seem to be improving.  ((Yes, I know I've said I don't care about speed, but apparently I was wrong, I do!))  Anyway, during a walking interval I was booking it...at the very least 4mph..and all of the sudden it registered 2.8 for several seconds.  I had been noticing the elevation seemed to be way off-saying I had a variance of about 100 ft, when there's no way there's more than maybe 20 where I usually go.  My guess is the satellite reception is hindered from the mountains we have around here-I live in a valley. 

I went out father than I intended so my over all time and distance was increased.  According to my liying GPS I went 41 minutes and 3 miles at an average speed of 4.4.  But, if it was lying about the speed (and I know it was), then how can I trust it on the distance??  ...The thing I'm going to hold onto is that I went out and did my run and I can tell by the way my body feels that I'm getting better.  I ran several 60 second intervals, and cut my recovery intervals down some more.  I ran a total of 10.25 minutes (6 of those in 1 minute intervals, three thirty second, and the rest 45 second)...and walked a total of 7.25 minutes (other than warm up and cool down).

I think I'm going to go to halhigdon's 30/30 plan.  I'm actually missing running on the days I don't go.  I wanted to start out very slow, but I don't think 30 minutes (well, 15 of actual running---and that's interval running) would be bad.  If my body throws too much of a fit, then I'll go back to every other day.  Somehow I don't think it will!!

Thanks for stopping by, come again soon!
:D

1 comment:

  1. OK, first off, I had NO idea you had started this blog!! I HATE that it has taken me so long to comment, when you've been so incredibly supportive of me!

    Secondly, a MARATHON, huh? Wow! I'M NOT WORTHY!! How fantastic, you GO, girl!!

    Thirdly, to make up for being a big, huge, loser, I've tagged your blog in my recent post! Hope you like it.

    Now that I've found you, I PROMISE to visit frequently! Good luck with your training!! xo

    ReplyDelete

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...