Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What am I doing?/What have I done?

It's 12:30 in the afternoon and I'm about to go out for my run.  I had hoped it might warm up a little bit from this morning's temperature of  28 degrees, and indeed it has, to a whopping 30!  ("Feels like" 23!!!)  I'm going to bundle up as much as I think necessary to stay warm enough, but not get hot, and hit the streets.  If someone would have told me a few months ago I'd actually be looking forward to running in sub-freezing temperatures, I would have said they were crazy...and yet it's absolutely TRUE.

I'll finish the post when I get back....




...Well, I didn't freeze to death.  Not even close.  I wore tech tights and thin wind pants, a tech hoodie, a long sleeved t-shirt, and an ear warmer.  I think it was one long-sleeved t-shirt too much.  Who knew??  At some point I've got to get used to NOT dressing as warmly as I think I need to.  ((You might be wondering why I didn't just take the t-shirt off....... because I strap my iPhone to my arm, over my shirts.  To take it off would require more work than it would be worth.  I'd rather complain!!))

If I had trained without my HRM I would have thought it was a terrible training day.  It felt really hard today.  Without the reassurance of cold hard facts, I would have been just a tad discouraged.  My stomach hurt a little bit and my ears have been ringing all day.  I think it's sinus funk.  Having said all that, I still went a little over 2.5 miles.    I didn't run more total time (a little less in fact), but I went faster than I have been going.  All-in-all, I'm pleased.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend which means I'll be training in a new area.  I'm really looking forward to the change in scenery.

Thanks for stopping by, come again soon!
:D

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of an old adage about trusting your instruments. WWII pilot and crew did NOT trust their instruments and ended up running out of fuel ... crashed in the desert if I remember the story correctly.

    So often how we feel is simply not the truth. That can be true with the physical and running, in our relationships with other people, and definitely in our relationship with God. We've got to "trust" the instrument He's given us ... His Word ... or else we'll crash and burn in some desert of our making, all tragically while we could have gone in the right direction.

    Your blog, by the way (my beautiful wife), is inspirational!! Impossible makes me love you even more.

    ReplyDelete

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...