Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mountain Mist


For the second time I am signed up for Mountain Mist 50K.  The first time I signed up was two years ago.  I had been having trouble with my shoulder on the day registration opened up, but I had just completed a half iron (Atomic Man) and I figured it was just a bit cranky.  It would be better by race time.  Wrong.  It continued to get worse.  Running absolutely killed it.  So I had to back out of doing my first 50K race.  

Last year when the sign up for this race came around I was recovering from IMLT and focused on trying to figure out what was going on with my shoulder and what needed to be done to fix it.  When MM race day rolled around I was one week out from surgery.  

This race is one you have to qualify for.  You must meet at least one of the following criteria:  

  • Any previous Mountain Mist 50km finish
  • Any ultra marathon finish in previous 2 years
  • Any marathon finish under 4:40 in previous 2 years
  • Any 70.3 Triathlon finish under 7:00 in previous 2 years
  • Any 140.6 Triathlon finish in previous 2 years
  • Other endurance running activities on case by base basis
From the website:  The race course consists of extremely rocky mountain trails, mud, and creek crossings, not to mention  the 3,872 feet of climbing!!  There is a vertical climb on the course that requires the use of your upper body."

Holy Cow.

I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me and I need to get back into reading your blog again! I am back to being a full time coach potato and ready to changet that up! So glad you are still writing! I love reading your FB posts as well.

    ReplyDelete

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...