Friday, June 1, 2012

NOLA Pics

I really wanted to make a slideshow, but I'll add that to my "when I have time" list!  For now...here are the professional pics from NOLA.  ((Some of them show how gross my thighs are, but I decided to post those too because I've seen a lot of people have gross thighs in race pictures!!  It is what it is, right?))   (Turn on the sound for the full NOLA effect!)

The day before the race...this water doesn't look SO bad...
Buoy out...swim cancelled...
Can you tell how hard the wind was blowing?


I love all the "end markers"-I didn't put the A there, but this was my row!
Seeing the pros start was more exciting that I expected it to be!  But seeing Mirinda running at the end was AMAZING!

1st run-should have worn my sunglasses!
Bike out!



Home stretch--NOT smiling
Smiling or just grunting?





early in the run

Still the first loop...I like the hitch-hiker look! :D


Okay..who wouldn't be smiling running next to ......Lake Ponchartrain.

Not smiling and no thumbs up...(terrible form-I'm "putting on the brakes"!!)

I need to have this determination THE WHOLE TIME not save it for the end sprint!

























Gun time...chip time was 5:40:05.

AWESOME medal!

...and hat...that I somehow lost...but they were nice enough to send an even better replacement!

Yeah...it would have been better in a slideshow....but I'm on my way out the door to teach Spin class so this will have to do!!

Thanks for stopping in, come again soon!  :D

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Dana! Looks like you had a great race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! It appeared to be a beautiful day for a "race." But, I assume the wind was terrible. I also love your "suit" and, I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...