Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Get Coached!

I've said it before...I'll say it again.  Having a coach is so much better than going things alone.  I honestly believe I've had more gains (in fitness) in the last week with E3 Multisport than I would have had training a couple of months by myself.  I would not have even started the workouts I've completed and certainly not at the effort level I've given.  There's something to the accountability aspect of the relationship.

There's more to it than that.

The other day I read an article in the Huntsville Track Club Newsletter, by one of our founding members.  It was a "recycled" article he had written years ago concerning motivation.  I don't have the article in front of me so I can't quote it directly, but he made a point to talk about the mental motivation a coach provides.  It (mental motivation) is key to a person's success for anything they are trying to accomplish because our bodies follow our mind.  My mom has always said, "you can do anything you put your mind to" but I never  fully understood what she was saying until recently.

What can I say...I'm a Bama fan...
The thing is, it's not like someone who is overweight can produce the desired outcome by just THINKING "I'm going to lose weight".  Even with a "coach" telling them HOW to do it, if they aren't mentally committed to the process (not just the end result) they won't meet their goal. 

This is where the coach comes in.


A coach is someone who's been where you are (either in a more literal sense or even figuratively speaking).  A coach has done what it takes to get to where you want to be.  They have the tools to get you there and are an example of the thing you desire, and have the ability to lead you there too.


I recently had the privilege to "meet" a BeachBody coach, Todd Warren, who impressed the fire out of me.  I've seen so many before/after photos and videos they have all pretty much blurred together.  ((BTW, the reason the photos all look the same is because the booklet that comes with the DVDs tells you what pictures to take.)) 


No doubt, the results he was able to achieve were nothing short of amazing.  However, I think one of the main things that caught my attention about Coach Todd was the fact he sounded just like me.  Here are just a few quotes from his "about me" page:
...assumed that I didn’t have the type of body that could achieve the “after photo” results that we see on TV....I would get frustrated and diet for a month and hit the elliptical for 30 minutes a day, but I never changed my lifestyle...I was doing about 60%-70% of the workouts and my nutrition was not a #1 priority...
Although I'm not (currently) doing P90X, and can't (currently) use any of the supplements (because of my myriad of food allergies...although that is about to change with the debut of the new vegan Shakology), I really love Coach Todd's website RIPPEDCLUB.net because of articles like the ones he wrote recently on Getting Started Right and Nutrition.  Although there's a lot in the nutrition article that simply does not apply to an endurance athlete...the take-away quote from this article I want to tape to my refrigerator door is:
Its all about choices and whether or not you are willing to make the right choices that will propel you toward your goal.
If you're a triathlete with a goal of "maximizing your time - maximizing your goals - maximizing your performance" contact e3 Multisport.  If you're out of shape, and/or overweight (or maybe even under weight), and have a goal to "push your body to its limits and get RIPPED RESULTS" contact Coach Todd.  I'll make it super easy...here are links for you to
((For the record, I'm not related to Todd, have never met him in person, am not receiving any kind of compensation whatsoever for this post...like I said, he just really impressed me and this is my way of giving a big ol' HIGH FIVE to the RIPPEDCLUB!!  If what I wanted MOST was to get RIPPED, Coach Todd would be my go-to guy...as it is what I want most is best served by being part of the e3 Tribe!!))

Thanks for stopping in...come again soon!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...