Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tiger (Cub) Blood

Whole 30 talks about "Tiger Blood". They say it usually hits about mid way (days 16-20ish). Some people get a feeling of increased energy, workouts are better, sleep is better...you generally feel like you can take on anything.

Well, I'm on day 10 so I am attributing how I woke up feeling today to the medication. I think it's really working! I'm a little nervous to even say that out loud but I feel better than I have in a long time. Now...I will say I've had days where I've woken up feeling really good but then go down hill all day. Usually I think that's because I do too much in the morning because I finally feel like I can accomplish things so I try to do everything. The last time I woke up feeling like this (several weeks ago) I went for a 6 mile trail run and then had to sleep the rest of the day and felt horrible the next few days afterward. So, no running for me today. :(

Today is the last treatment for this month. I have 20 more days of Whole 30 and then I'll re-evaluate and see where I'm at. My guess is I'll stay pretty whole after that because I know it's best for my body. I think it's like training and peaking for a race. NO ONE can be in peak race form all the time. You MUST have down time. I don't know that you NEED to have junk food for physical well-being, but I think there's an argument to be made that it's okay, when you are in a healthy state of body and mind to allow some fluff in the diet every now and then. The trouble for me is that I'm a person of extremes! I don't do "balance" very well.

You know what that means? I just need more training!!

It's going to be a GLORIOUS day!!! (Not just one day, but TOday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...