Thursday, November 4, 2010

P-Lifetime-X

I don't even know what week I'm on in P90X anymore...I'm not keeping good records and I'm also not doing it every single day.  I know, I know...I'm supposed to be "writing it down" and I'm aware I won't get all I can out of it if I'm not doing it every day.  But, here's the thing.  This is more than just a 90-day thing for me.  I'm going to be doing some kind of work outs "forever".  (If you've seen the Sandlot, you'll get this YouTube clip...if you haven't, just skip it because it won't make sense...but I can't EVER say the word "forever" without hearing this in my head....)




So, the fact is...not doing the scheduled work out every single day isn't that big of a deal to me, especially when I'm also running and biking.  I typically don't "skip" more than one day, and I haven't skipped any workouts....except one of the DVD's that I'm borrowing from my friend is too badly scratched up to use, so I have to substitute a different DVD for that one....which is why I purchased my own set today!  Once I get my own workout log book I'll start "writing it down" and keeping track of my reps and my weight (that I'm lifting, not on the scale-I do that already).

Yesterday's torture workout was Kenpo X.  That's one of those DVDs that seem like it would be "easy" to me.  It's punching and kicking.  But, let me tell you...my forearms feel as though I've really been in a street fight.  Not that I've ever been in a street fight...but it seriously feels as though I've been blocking myself from being beaten with a baseball bat.  I don't understand it, but I think that means I'm doing it right!

Today's workout was Stretch X.  I didn't realize stretching could feel like a real work out.  I mean I found out a while back that Yoga (which I always thought was just stretching and breathing) really "Ain't for Sissies" but...stretching?  Really??  Who knew??  Not that it was anything CLOSE to the workout yoga is, but it was certainly not easy and certainly NOT fun by any stretch of the imagination!

Thanks for stopping in, come again soon!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...