Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What's in Store for 2013?

Do you see how clear that water is??!!
Boy oh boy am I excited about 2013!  I think the biggest thing I should mention is IRONMAN LAKE TAHOE is September 22nd.  Nine months...that's how long it takes to bring a baby to full term.  It will be here before I know it.

But I have quite a bit planned before then as well.

The beginning of January will be focused on dealing with a (hopefully) little shoulder "issue".  I don't even want to spend time talking about it other than to say it is the result of not listening to my body.  I've learned how to speak "leg" language, but I obviously needed a little practice on "shoulder".  Hopefully this thing will be resolved in the next week because I'm actually very ready to get back in the water!  The 26th I'll be headed to Nashville to complete another class, the Metabolic Efficiency Training Certification.  I'm especially looking forward to this class because I believe wholeheartedly in the principles being taught and I'm anxious to learn all I can.

In February three of my athletes will be participating in the Mardi Gras Half Marathon.  I'm really hoping I'll be able to go down there to cheer them on.  That's one of my favorite races in one of my favorite towns, what could be better??

I'm not looking at this...
March will be filled with plans for a training group I'm helping to lead which will start in April and go through June.  Sandwiched in there is the IMLT training camp scheduled for Memorial Day weekend.  (Ah man, I just realized that means I won't be able to do the Cotton Row 10K for the first time since I started running.  That's a bummer until I stop to think about where I'll be and what I'll be doing!)

July, August and the beginning of September will be a mixture of working with athletes to help them achieve new records and distances as well as working my own training for my first IRONMAN...in case you didn't catch it, I'll be competing in my FIRST IRONMAN in SEPTEMBER!!  I'll also be headed back to Hood to Coast with the Dixie Daredevils in August.  But just one month later I'll be in LAKE TAHOE working my way up to 7200' of elevation during my FIRST IRONMAN!!!

Yes...I'm pretty darn excited about 2013.  I have several athletes who will also be tackling their personal longest distance races and/or who have goals for personal records which I will help them to achieve.    I have a feeling this is going to be an amazing year on so many levels.  

Let me know what you have planned...

1 comment:

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...