Thursday, March 6, 2014

Glorious SWEAT!!!

I remember when I made the realization that I'm not a non-sweating hard worker like I had always thought.  When I work hard I SWEAT.  I don't perspire.  I don't glisten.  I pour sweat out of what feels like every pour in my body!  When I finish a work out, I have to hang my clothes to dry before I can put them in the "funky clothes" pile (AKA the bathtub).


Ever since shoulder surgery I haven't been allowed to work out (other than PT and that hasn't made me produce wetness).   That constraint came to a halt at my last doctor appointment!!  (You know the one where he told me I could do "anything I want"!)  So yesterday I got to put on an actual SPORTS BRA and workout clothes (spin shorts) for a REASON and hit the gym.

I was teaching Spin and to say I was nervous would be an understatement.  I wasn't sure what kind of
shape I'd be in after two full months completely off.  Would my butt hurt like a new comer?  Would I be able to spin and talk at the same time?  Would my legs revolt and give out part way into class?  I didn't want to teach an easy class, but the beauty of Spin class is that you are in control of your own bike.  You determine RPMs and resistance.  But, I didn't want to make it easy...and besides a good bit of the class I was teaching was standing and you have to put enough resistance on the wheel to stand safely.  (I could have moved it up and down, but I didn't WANT to need to do that!)

And...I DIDN'T!!  I'm not going to lie...it was a mental challenge, but I DID IT!!  And, I poured SWEAT!!!  I was soaked when I got done.  And, I LOVED IT!!!

To make it even better, it was almost a two shower day!  After Spin I showered and ran errands before going to PT later in the afternoon.  I knew I was going to get to work harder so I wore a clean/dry sport bra and workout shirt (something I haven't had to do in the last eight weeks), but decided to wear blue jeans since I was just working my upper body.  Imagine my surprise when I realized I was actually sweating!!!  I wasn't dripping, but I was certainly showing the beginning of a glisten!!

Up for today--teaching another Spin class and at home PT.

I am laying down some bricks!!!


Until next time...
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...