Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Before or After?

Since I started P90X, I decided I should take some photos...and, no, I will not be posting them any time soon!  What's interesting about it is the fact that just a few short months ago, I couldn't even fit in the shorts I wore for the photos!!  I was more than just pleasantly surprised when they not only fit, but they were comfortable.  As we were taking all the "standard" before shots, my sweet husband said my pictures looked more like "after" shots than "before". 

Truthfully, they are more like "during".  I've lost about 15 pounds since the first of the year, and several inches all over my body.  Clothes I couldn't even think about putting on are now fitting loosely.  I should be pleased...and to an extent, I am. 

But...(isn't there always a "but")...at the same time, I am not where I "want" to be.  I don't have a certain weight necessarily.  I don't even have a certain size goal in mind.  I just know I have a lot of shaky parts that I'd like to either lose or tone.  My glutes and love-handles are especially jiggley.  I have gotten close to where I would like to be one time, but I wasn't really working out then.  I was walking A LOT of miles each day, every day, and eating VERY LITTLE food.  I don't believe I was healthy then. 

Currently, I feel very healthy.  I pay attention to the kinds of food I eat and I'm working out in several different ways.  I just believe it's going to take time to get to where I want to be with my body. 

And...I'm good with that.  I'm at the place in my life where I'm not really working out to change an outward appearance...I'm working out because I love it.  I love how my body feels so much stronger than it ever has before.  I love feeling muscle in my legs and my arms.  I love that I'm finding muscles that I didn't know existed (thank you P90X!).  I love that every single day I can do more than I did the day before. 

I'm not a before or an after.  I'm a "today", a "now", an "in this moment". 

Thanks for stopping in, come again soon!
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...