Saturday, February 6, 2010

Today is the Day!! (Part One)

Part One (written at 4:30am)

Well, I planned on getting to bed early last night...but circumstances of life kept me up until about a little after 11.  That wouldn't have been bad if I'd have been able to sleep until 6ish...but, no.  I woke up at 4ish!

My husband says this is a sure sign that my metabolism is picking up.  That would be a really good thing!  See, I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.  Ominous sounding name, but innocuous condition.  Basically the thyroid controls the metabolism, and mine hasn't been working right.  I started on medicine in November (which is the only thing that can be done).   I'm not sure if running has helped to speed up my metabolism, or if the change in my metabolism is helping me run.

I'm very excited about today.  I would be excited about getting out for my run today, but there's something decidedly different about running a race vs. just going out for a run.  I can't quite put my finger on it....

Wish me luck!!  (I'll post again when I get home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's only a conversation if you talk back to me...